Monday, May 14, 2007

Ah, work. I went back today and was a bit apprehensive about how my knee would do. It wasn't too bad......I definitely felt it dragging by noon! But it felt good to be back with everyone and busy. I teach a GED math class and today we worked on geometry terms/vocabulary. I have figured out that it is one of the most important components - understanding what the terms mean. I sat a lot of the class which is new for me.....I like moving around and seeing that everyone is "on the right page." So, I had to do a bit of self-talk to stay put. Pivoting is hard to do and that is what happens when shifting from one person to another. Slow is my game plan right now.

I am hoping to start walking the dog by the end of the week.........we shall see. He stares at me a whole lot right now.

Later today I met with a new doctor who will be my primary physician. She comes highly recommended and I am glad I chose her. I waited quite awhile to see her - both in months and minutes today!! Listening to the patient (me!!) seems to be a great asset of hers. So waiting was worth it. She is very thorough and made me feel very comfortable talking with her. Yea!!

While waiting for my appointment, I decided to go get some cash from the Credit Union by the clinic. Imagine my surprise when I was told that I didn't have enough cash in my savings account to get any!!! I almost fell out of the car. The teller sent out a statement showing a very large withdrawal from my savings account. I did not do it. Of course I parked the car and immediately went inside.

I spent quite awhile discovering that someone (!!!!!) moved money from my two savings accounts into my checking account. Apparently, the perps do this before cleaning the account out through the ATM....which I have never used. Ever. So, now my money has been moved and I will need to figure out if I need to open an all new checking account, etc. Such a hassle that will be -- but better than losing all my money! Wow.

We had a very nice weekend with family. Spent late Saturday afternoon and evening in Madison with the kids celebrating H's 5th birthday. It is actually this week, so she was pretending to be 5... Then on Sunday we met in Stoughton at Halverson's for the Mother's Day brunch. It was very good....especially the Prime Rib, followed by a trip to the back of the car in the parking lot to open a few gifts. Amy gave me a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino wine grown and bottled on the farm/vineyard we stayed at in Tuscany...Le Chiuse. It brought back all the good memories.........yum. Never have I eaten or drank so well. We will pick the occasion wisely to open and sample this wine.

Life is really never dull. And that is a good thing, I guess.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home