Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am feeling lots better, knee-wise, with pretty good range of motion now.....can't quite bend it completely, but almost all the way back. I can walk up and down stairs "regularly" if I give it good thought and take my time. Focusing on the quads (muscles above the knee) helps!! I have been taking K. for walks for the last three days since Bob is up north fishing for awhile. K. is older and likes to smell everything so there isn't a rush to get anywhere. And that is a good thing! A bit of a problem is when he abruptly stops to smell something and I keep going!! But we mosey along and don't go long distances yet. I noticed when the weather was very warm, it was lots easier on my knee -- actually both of them! Today was just plain chilly (about 54 for a high) and my knee felt stiffer.

There have been a few times that I felt the need to take a pain pill of some kind...usually just aspirin now. Of course I have been Googling (spelling??) how long that should be and find ALL kinds of answers......so will just do what feels right. I had my last follow-up appointment on Friday and Dr. H. says I can do "anything I feel comfortable and able to do" -- treadmill, walking, swimming (hate to get my hair wet....), bicycling, etc. so I think I am making good progress. And I am determined to do stuff so...

And then there is gardening. I know I can't kneel yet! The pain is not my friend. But I have my dad's little stool and it worked well to sit and weed last week so I will try planting that way. I went out and got way too many perennials so I have a really nice stash in the driveway, plus the twenty-four bags of mulch I purchased before surgery...

Labels: , , ,