Thursday, May 31, 2007

Eleven days since my last post! I knew that once I got back into things, it would be awhile between posts but I didn't think this long. Oh well. It was the end of the semester at school last week and that involved wrapping classes up, entering hours of attendance (non-credit programs), potlucks, and lunches. A good way to end the school year!

My knee often is very tight in the morning. I take two Extra Strength Aspirin and in about forty-five minutes, it is ready to go. Walking with K. is jerky if I haven't taken the drugs early enough. But he is slow moving so all is fine there. If I spend the day on it, as in yesterday, it definitely lets me know it is time to put it up. I spent the day with H. in Madison and we had a great time: weeded and played outside "by" the swimming pool and shopped for a new swing set with Bapa. Also went to lunch with Bapa. Then back to weeding and playing. By the time I got home, I had lots of aches and aches. Sigh. Hopefully, this too shall pass.

I still have twenty-two bags of mulch in the driveway. Maybe today they will move. It has been humid and overcast. But I do plan to attack more of it because today would be a good day to plant. My rain garden is doing very well. Many perennials came back (all of them!) and it is fun to wander around looking at things. Weeding is harder. It is always a surprise to me when things do well in the yard. Not sure why I am, but I am.

Tomorrow I am off to see mom by the Mississippi. My sister and I will have a great time and hopefully we will be able to take mom out in the courtyard. It is supposed to rain... Then we go to dinner with wine. Maybe tomorrow will be "sitting on the deck and drinking wine" weather. That is always nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home